Crust: Makes enough crust for six (6) hand pies.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. of sugar
- ¼ tsp. of kosher salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) chilled unsalted butter, cut into ½” pieces
Pulse flour, sugar, and salt in a food processor. Add butter; pulse until the texture of very coarse meal. Add ¼ cup ice water; pulse adding more water if dry, until dough comes together in clumps. Form into a square, wrap in plastic, and chill until firm, about 2 hours.
Filling: Arawak Farm Spicy Fruit Spread (your choice)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes before rolling out. Roll dough into a 15”x12” rectangle, then cut into six (6) smaller rectangles. Brush the edges with water.
- Spoon your choice of filling onto half of each rectangle, leaving the edges clear.
- Fold the dough over the filling and press down firmly on the edges with fingers or a fork to seal. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet, brush with an egg wash and sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Bake hand pies for 35-40 minutes, rotating baking sheet halfway through, until juices are bubbling and pastry is golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.