Avocado and Tangerine Salad
- ½ cup fresh tangerine juice
- ¼ cup Arawak Farm Pepper Sauce
- 1 small shallot finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 4 tangerines or clementines, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 6 cups of purslane, arugula or watercress removing thick stems
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves
- 2-3 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
Simmer tangerine juice in a small saucepan until syrupy and reduces to about 2 Tbsp. about 5-8 minutes. Let cool
Whisk shallot, vinegar, reduced tangerine juice and Arawak Farm Pepper Sauce in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk in vegetable oil, then EVOO. Set vinaigrette aside.
Toss avocados, tangerines, arugula, mint and vinaigrette in a large bowl and then top with feta cheese.